The Environmental Health Division of the Wichita Falls-Wichita County Public Health District permits New and Existing On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF) in Wichita County and the city leased lake lots at Lake Arrowhead and Lake Kickapoo. Designated Representatives begin the permitting process of a New OSSF before it is even constructed. Existing OSSFs are permitted during the selling of a property with an OSSF (Letter to Homeowners and Real Estate Agents).
General Requirements to start OSSF process:
- The type of soil and site condition must be documented by a Licensed Site Evaluator or Professional Engineer.
- Upon analysis of Site Evaluator, new system is selected based upon type of soil at the location.
- Permit and Application fees are paid at the Wichita Falls-Wichita County Health District.
- All paperwork for the system must be submitted and approved by the governing body of the Health District.
- Once authorization to construct is issued, system must be installed according to Title 30 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 285, On-Site Sewage Facilities.
- After system is complete, a governing entity must go out and inspect the system to make sure it was installed correctly.
- If and only if the system was installed according to Chapter 285, the OSSF permit be issued.
For more information, please visit the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality's (TCEQ) website: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/permitting/ossf
To file a complaint on an On-Site Sewage Facility (OSSF), please call 940-761-7820.