The City of Wichita Falls' internship program is one of the many ways we demonstrate a commitment to our mission of encouraging continued education and providing students with an opportunity for hands-on exposure to real work experiences. One of the City of Wichita Falls' City Council goals is to attract and retain young workers and graduates by expanding City internship opportunities. Through our internships, we provide practical, high quality experiences that help students achieve their academic and professional goals. High School and college students, or recent graduates, are encouraged to apply. Each internship opportunity may have specific education requirements.
To be considered for an academic credit internship, the intern must be receiving academic credit from or be fulfilling an academic requirement of an accredited institution of higher education. It is the responsibility of the intern to ensure that all university or college requirements are met to receive credit.
The City of Wichita Falls is proud to participate in internship programs with the following education providers:
Midwestern State University
Tarleton State University
If you are an education provider and would like to partner with the City of Wichita Falls' internship program, please contact our Human Resources office at 940-761-7615 for details.
- Civil Engineering Internship
- Finance Internship
- Human Resources Internship
- Information Technology Internship
- Legal Department Internship
- Library Science Internship
- MLK Center Internship
- Recreation Program Internship
- Risk & Safety Program Internship
- Water Purification Lab Internship @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>