How to File a Home Birth
Our office is currently unable to register home births at this time. Please call our office before coming in, to make sure we can process these.
If a birth has occurred at home, you may report the birth Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 3:30pm. You have one year from the date of Birth to file the Birth with us, after one year you will need to file a delayed record with the State.
Required Documentation for Filing a Home Birth
- Proof of Pregnancy; A notarized affidavit presented from a license, registered, or certified health care provider who is qualified to determine pregnancy as part of the scope of his or her, license, registration, or certification.
- Proof there was an infant born alive; A medical record or a letter from a licensed, registered, or certified health care provider or medical institution.
- Proof that the birth occurred in the registration district; If the birth occurred outside of the mother's primary place of residence, proof shall consist of a notarized affidavit along with a photocopy of ID from a person having knowledge of the mother's presence in the registration district on the date of the birth.
- Proof that the infant's birth occurred on the date stated; A medical record or a letter from a license, registered, or certified health care provider or medical institution. [25 TAC §181.26 (C)]
- A Valid State Issued ID; Please call our office to discuss other acceptable forms if ID, if you do not have a valid state issued ID.
Office Hours for Home Birth are: