- Human Resources
- Public Safety Dispatch Academy
Public Safety Dispatch Academy
Projected Start Date of Academy - Summer 2022
The State of Texas has recognized the Public Safety Dispatcher as a First Responder. If you are interested in a rewarding career in Law Enforcement and Community Service then the Public Safety Dispatcher Academy might just be your way to give back to your community. This position answers multiple emergency lines and radio channels. They assist in gathering information, answering questions, and dispatching or transferring calls to units, departments or other agencies.
- Summer 2022 - Applications will be taken through the City Website.
- Soft backgrounds will be run on all applicants
- Applicants who make it through the soft background will be scheduled for testing and first line interviews.
Personal History Packet
- All applicants should at this time download the Personal History Statement.
- Due to the file size/number of pages copies of the Personal History Statement may be picked up from the Human Resources Office located at 1300 7th Street, Room 100. (940-761-7615)
- Complete the packet to the best of your ability. If there are questions about information needed, you may address them during testing.
- Personal History Statements must be notarized. A notary will be available at the testing site for the personal history statement.
- NO personal history statements will be accepted at any time other than the testing date.
- Individuals who pass the soft background will be invited to continue in the recruitment process.
- Will take place at PS Training Center, 710 Flood Street, date/time TBD. Applicants will be contacted once date is scheduled.
This process will take approximately four (4) hours and applicants should be prepared to remain at the PS Training Center during the entire process.
Pre-Skills Testing Sites
Minimum Passing Scores for Skills Testing
- Typing speed of 30 WPM is required - Applicant should practice typing utilizing symbols and numbers.
- CritiCall skill testing minimum score is 80.
- CritiCall skill testing will comprise of Data Entry (audio), Call Summarization, Cross Referencing, Memory Recall, Prioritization, Map Reading, Sentence Clarity, and Decision Making.
Personal History Packet
- First line interviews and a completed Personal History Statement must be turned in at the time of testing.
Applicants will be assigned a background investigator
Legal review of background packets and a final decision will be made on applicants who will continue in the recruitment process.
Psychological Testing, Interviews, Physicals, and Drug Screens
Applicants will be given results and intent to hire.
Projected Start Date of Academy will be set.
The Public Safety Dispatcher Position has three (3) level accomplishments. Each level moves the individual closer to full certification with TCIC/NCIC and Basic Telecommunicator/TCOLE Certifications.
- HOURLY RATE RANGE: $14.90-$22.36
Upon successful completion of all required training and obtaining the required certifications named above, an incumbent will qualify for a pay increase. Individuals must successfully complete each level of training to move to the next level of training. Individuals who are unable to successfully complete any level of training may be released.
Individuals will be required to obtain TCOLE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement) Telecommunicator Operator License within one year of hire or date.
THIS IS SHIFT WORK. The Police Department uses Bidding and Seniority and the department needs to determine schedules. Although initially training will take place during the day it will eventually progress to other shifts. An expectation of day shift should not be taken by any applicant.
Regular and reliable attendance in compliance with given schedules is a mandatory requirement of this position. Schedules may be subject to change with or without advance notice.
Additional Compensation and Benefits can be viewed on the City Website - www.wichitafallstx.gov