STATUS UPDATE: Wichita County has 13,325 confirmed cases.
Health District Hotline: 940-761-7909
Hotline Hours: Monday - Friday, 8AM to 5PM
For health-related questions call the Health District Hotline or email email@example.com .
To read the new Clearance Procedures for COVID-19 click here: Clearance Procedures as of December 8, 2020
Vaccine Information (as of January 16, 2021)
The Wichita Falls – Wichita County Public Health District has been notified from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) that they are scheduled to receive 1,950 doses of the Pfizer vaccine sometime this coming week that begins Monday, January 18. At this time, they do not have an exact expected arrival date. However, in advance preparation for the vaccine’s arrival, they are planning another mass vaccination drive-thru clinic for individuals who are on their current waiting list that qualify for Phase 1A and 1B. Further details regarding the clinic dates and times will be released as the Health District receives more information.
- Once the clinic date has been determined, the Health District will continue to use their current waiting list and call those on the list who qualify.
- Please DO NOT call the Health District requesting an appointment. They will call you.
- Multiple staff will be calling and scheduling appointments from different phone lines at the Health District. There is not one specific phone number that will be used. Please prepare in advance to answer any unknown numbers so you do not miss the Health District’s call.
- Please be patient as the Health District is planning the details for the clinic. We will continue to keep the public informed with information as it becomes available.
- To read more about Phase 1A click here: Phase 1A Definition
- To read more about Phase 1B click here: Phase 1B Definition
Current Health District Vaccine Availability (as of January 16, 2021)
Phase 1A: Scheduled to receive sometime the week of Monday, January 18, clinic date TBD
**Once the Health District has received the vaccines another Press Release will be sent to notify the public.**
What To Do If You Want A COVID-19 Vaccine
- Speak with your physician or medical provider to see if they are administering the vaccine.
- Regularly check the DSHS website to see what other locations in Wichita Falls have received vaccines. Some of these locations have started waiting lists.
- Add your name to the Wichita Falls-Wichita County Public Health Districts waitlist. Please only submit your name once, either online or by phone.
- Submit your information online at Wichita Falls - Wichita County COVID-19 Vaccine Wait List
- Submit your information at the Health District Hotline at 940-761-7909.
The vaccine is available at no charge, regardless of insurance status, to those who meet the State of Texas criteria. It is important to note, once a vial has been punctured it has to be used within six hours. Please monitor your phone closely and answer all calls if you are on the waitlist. If you do not answer, the Health District will have to go to the next person on the list. They will circle back through the list if and when there is vaccine availability. If you have previously tested positive for COVID-19, you are eligible for the vaccine, so long as you are no longer infectious and have cleared quarantine. If you have been directly exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days, you will not be eligible for the vaccine at this time, but can still sign up on the waiting list. You will not be contacted if you do not meet Phase 1A or 1B requirements, however, your name will be saved for the next phase of vaccines when they are available.
To read a full FAQ regarding the vaccine, visit: https://txwichitafalls3.civicplus.com/2186/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information.
The Department of State Health Services has created a new dashboard that shows the number of people vaccinated and doses distributed. A spreadsheet has also been created that shows COVID-19 vaccine distribution data by County.
|Data Last Updated 1/18/2021 at 4:30PM
*Total Tested, Negative and Pending includes State testing numbers from nursing home/long term care facilities*
|Total Number of People Tested||75,430|
|Number of Negative Tests||61,619|
|Number of Pending Tests||486|
|Total Wichita County Confirmed Positive||13,325|
|0 - 5||0|
|6 - 10||0|
|11 - 19||0|
|20 - 29||0|
|30 - 39||0|
|40 - 49||4|
|50 - 59||10|
|60 - 69||56|
|70 - 79||76|